Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sharing

I decided to create a blog for several reasons. To create a place where I could share things I've observed, a place to vent and rant, and a place to share my products from my Zazzle store. I'm not going to commit to being consistent with my posts or claim to be a good writer. I did have a blog years ago, but I guess it went away when it became inactive. Besides I work full time, have a family, continually create on my Zazzle store (www.zazzle.com/marainey1), and have many other chores and hobbies. Ooooo . . . I can't wait to share our new baby chicks with you. That will be a later time.

Today I want to share with you some fun stuff that happen on my half hour lunch break. While I was sitting at the ATM at my local bank, I see a man picking up trash in the parking lot. I just assumed it was a bank employee. Nope! It was a UPS employee and he was chasing pink packing peanuts. (say that fast 5 times) I watched the poor fat man stomping on peanuts and trying to bend over fast enough to grab them before they blew away again. Decidedly done chasing peanuts, he comes back with a trash bag and a bunch of peanuts inside. Then the wind blew. He lost all the peanuts in the trash bag and didn't even know it. I was caught between a laugh and an OH NO! moment. I tried to stick around to see his reaction once he noticed his work had gone to waste. He disappeared out of view, so I never got to see his reaction. I did get to observe something else I want to share though.

I stopped at a convenience store to buy a 1/2 off Wednesday car wash. There were two young boys in there buying chips. One of the boys was counting and recounting the change he had. As I accepted my change, I made a quick decision to hand it to the other boy. Then I decided I better add a dollar to it so he actually had enough money to buy something. He was shocked and tried to give it back to me. Nice kid! The clerk was shocked too.
She asked, "is he your boy?"
"Nope!"
"Do you know him?"
"Nope!"
Because of the boys lack of greed, he tried to give the money back again. I didn't want the money back. All I wanted was for him to enjoy a treat with his buddy. Again I didn't get to see the end result, but it was so worth it to me. Maybe the boy will be inspired to do something nice for someone else one day.

I've always wanted to have enough money to anonymously help people when they least expect it. I'm still waiting for that $. I can spare a couple dollars once in a while though. I think of it as paying it forward for all the times people helped me out or share a dollar or two. Unlike the man begging for money last night. His story didn't add up and he was soliciting everyone in the parking lot. I do not like to help dishonest beggars. I mentioned then that I didn't like people approaching me for money.
Then said, "I will decide who I wanted to give my money to".
Maybe that's what sparked my generosity today. No matter. I just want those two boys to have a great afternoon.

To all of you that may read today's story, I wish you a great afternoon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment